For a long time, I incorporated aromatherapy into my doula practice, often using lavender and peppermint with my laboring mamas because they smelled nice, promoted calming, and alleviated nausea. Once I was introduced to dōTERRA's essential oils, however, I realized the potency of therapeutic-grade essential oils. I began using dōTERRA's organic essential oils to the great benefit of my family, loved ones, and clients. Essential oils are powerful antioxidants, and many of their chemical constituents have antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal, anti-infectious, antimicrobial, antitumor, antiparasitic, antiviral, and antiseptic properties.
I use essential oils every day, but some of the more common uses for us are
- cuts and scrapes (lavender, melaleuca, frankincense)
- colds/flu (which usually don't progress because of OnGuard blend, oregano, lemon)
- headaches (lavender, peppermint)
- fevers (peppermint)
- anxiety/grounding (Balance blend)
- allergies (lemon, lavender, peppermint)
- muscle soreness (Deep Blue blend)
- menstrual cramps (Clary Calm blend)
- prevention/immune boosting ("flu shot in a bottle" -- oregano, melaleuca, lemon, OnGuard)
- natural cleaning (OnGuard, lemon)
dōTERRA is a company I stand behind wholeheartedly because of the purity of their oils. I never have to worry about whether the essential oils contain chemical solvents, filler oils, or any other contaminants. They have created a standard called Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade (CPTG), which means each batch of essential oil goes through five different testing methods to ensure that they are free of fillers, pesticides, and foreign contaminants.
If you are interested in learning more, requesting free samples, or purchasing essential oils, please have a look at my dōTERRA website, and/or get in touch with me! You can also like my Facebook page where I occasionally post EO events, testimonials, links to research, and recipes.